Heel Pain in Katy, TX
Expert Care For Your Podiatric Health
Many busy people just like you say they suffer from heel pain in Katy, TX. In fact, heel pain can affect anyone at any time. Most people who feel pain under the heel or in the area directly behind it believe that they just have to “live with it.” Would it surprise you to know they are wrong?
When you or someone you love does nothing to fix the problem, then long-term suffering and pain begin to affect our work, play, and relationships. If you continue to ignore heel pain, you can develop chronic, long-term problems, and even serious disabilities.
Sometimes ankles or feet can shift out of position. This can cause severe pain in your heels. Famous athletes and many others have found fast relief using an implant called HyProCure®.
Dr. Marco A. Vargas is one of the only podiatrists in the area who has special training to relieve foot pain using HyProCure®.
What Causes Heel Pain?
Of the 26 bones in the human foot, the biggest is the heel bone. It supports your entire body weight when you walk or run. Imagine all the stress that bone takes! Look at this long list of reasons why you may be experiencing heel pain:
- Plantar Fasciitis: By far the most common cause of heel pain, plantar fasciitis happens when the ligament running from the heel bone to the tip of your foot (plantar fascia) becomes irritated and/or inflamed. The pain feels worse when you have rested for a long time and when you stand or walk a lot.
- Achilles Tendonitis: This condition is considered a long-term (chronic) problem. When the Achilles tendon is damaged and does not heal correctly, it can become thickened due to tiny tissue tears. This, in turn, causes it to weaken and results in severe pain. In the worst cases, the tendon can actually rupture.
- Heel Bursitis: The bursa, which is a sac filled with fluid on the heel, becomes inflamed and causes pain at the back of or deep inside the heel. The pain can become worse and worse as the day goes on. This condition is most often caused by the stress of landing hard on the heels.
- Flat Feet: This condition typically causes daily pain and can happen to both children and adults. After years of walking, your arches may start to become flat. When this happens you will start to experience heel, back, knee, and even hip pain.
- Heel Spurs: This problem is often related to plantar fasciitis. When there is too much stress on the plantar fascia ligament, it can begin to pull away from the bone. The body’s natural reaction is to form a bony growth, which complicates the problem and can be very painful.
Besides these, you could feel heel pain from foot stress fractures, bruised heel syndrome, over-pronation, tarsal tunnel syndrome, bursitis, Paget’s disease, Severs disease (most common in children and teenage athletes), infections, gout, diabetes, and arthritis. Do you know what is causing your foot pain? Let us help you find out so that you can start living pain-free!
K-Laser & Other Treatments To Relieve Pain
Many people throughout the Houston area know podiatrist Dr. Marco A. Vargas for the complete and caring way he treats patients. At our office, we provide many options to relieve heel pain and we can find just the right treatment for you. Often, our patients find that K-Laser™ treatments or Laser Therapy provide effective pain relief. This treatment involves a laser to help repair tissue in the troubled area.
Do not wait until the pain turns into something more serious. We can bring you fast heel pain relief and ensure that your condition does not progress and become more painful!
Call 281-313-0090 or 888-784-5335 to speak with our welcoming foot care team at Vargas Foot & Ankle Specialists. You can also fill out our online contact form. We understand your special needs and work tirelessly to give you the very best in foot care. In a hurry to feel better? We offer same-day appointments, too!
Contact Us To Treat Your Heel Pain in Katy, TX!
In just over 15 years, Dr. Marco A. Vargas has successfully helped over 25,000 patients! Vargas Foot & Ankle Specialists provides advanced technology that can find the cause and relief from your heel pain in Sugar Land & Houston, TX, fast! 90% of our patients tell us that they get relief from pain right at the first visit.