If you are a person with diabetes, your foot care is important to your health. Dr. Vargas and his team of podiatrists have a few tips to help you keep your feet healthy.
- Check your feet daily. Look for any abnormal growths, calluses or cuts. If you notice an abnormality, make sure to call Vargas Foot & Ankle Specialists right away to make an appointment.
- Always wear socks or shoes. You don’t want to walk barefoot because you could scrape, cut or hurt your foot. Bacteria can enter the skin through cuts and scrapes and put your feet at risk of developing an infection. You also don’t want to wear socks that have the elastic band around them or that are too thick. Wearing socks like this can restrict the blood flow to your feet.
- Trim your toenails as needed. You want to trim your toenails straight across so you can avoid the development of ingrown toenails.
- Make sure your blood sugar levels are under control.
- Visit your podiatrist regularly. Your podiatrist can perform foot checks and help you keep your feet healthy.
If you would like to receive comprehensive and effective care for your feet, contact our office. Dr. Vargas will gain an understanding of your condition and treat it effectively so that it does not return.
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
The Vargas Foot and Ankle Specialists at Foot & Ankle Associates treat all medical and surgical foot pain and ankle pain conditions, including ingrown toenails. Licensed Sugar Land, TX Foot Doctor, Dr. Marco Vargas can help bring you foot pain and ankle pain relief.
Our Sugar Land, Texas (TX) podiatry office offer the most effective and state-of-the-art, quality podiatry care services with a smile to patients in our local community, including Sugar Land, Texas (TX) and Houston, Texas (TX).
Return to a pain-free life and get back to the things you love!