Ingrown Toenails services offered in Sugar Land and Katy, TX
If you have poor circulation, ingrown toenails increase the risk of more serious problems like infection and gangrene. Fortunately, healthy lifestyle changes and routine checkups can reduce your risk. At Vargas Foot & Ankle Specialists, double board-certified podiatrist Marco Vargas, DPM, and Dr. Vanessa Marcelo, DPM specializes in diagnosing and treating ingrown toenails. To make an appointment, call the nearest office in Sugar Land or Katy, Texas, or book online today.
What is ingrown toenail?
Who is at risk of developing ingrown toenails?
- Wearing tight shoes that crowd your toes
- Cutting your toenails at an angle
- Experiencing trauma, like stubbing your toe
- Having an unusual foot shape
How are ingrown toenails treated?
- Lifting the nail with a piece of cotton so it grows away from your toe
- Taping the nail so it stays away from your skin
- Placing a splint under the nail so it grows away from your toe
- Partially removing the nail
- Removing the entire nail
How can I reduce my risk of ingrown toenails?
- Wearing comfortable shoes that have plenty of room for your toes
- Trimming your nails straight across instead of at an angle
- Soaking your nails in warm water before trimming them
Your foot issues won’t.
Book an appointment with one of our podiatrists.